We heard back from Cedars. They have a new Social Worker / Donor Advocate who is willing to talk to Sarah again, and make a recommendation on whether she can donate or not. (Last year, when Sarah was there for final clinical evaluations/interviews, the old SW/DA was the one who turned her down.
So- she will conduct a phone interview with he, and report back to the team. If she likes Sarah, we will have to fly her back to LA for an undated round of testing. I will have to go in again as I haven ot been there in over a year, either.
If all goes well, we can raise the $$ to get us the three of us there (John has to fly with me since I am in a wheelchair) and they sign off, we may e getting a date.
I would assume this process of interviews et al will take a month or two, what with having to come up with the $$ get flights, hotels, et al., plus clinic dates fill up quickly.
I am tentatively schedule to go May 25 for my annual, so that is the earliest i cn even get there. Hopefully we get Sarah there sooner so maybe we could do surgery this summer if all goes well.
That is where we are at. I never thought this would even be a possibility a year ago. Hoping good things come to those who wait.