We spoke to Cedars today and they have approved a Living Kidney Donor.
there will be a need for her to travel to LA in a couple weeks for some testing, then I start going back and forth for three weeks from OR to Los Angeles for treatments to get get me ready for surgery that is tentatively the end of March- exactly 5 years from the time I was first listed.
The mood in the house is one of possible hope, but none of us is ready and willing to commit to this too emotionlly due to the road we have travelled the last 5 years.
So, cautious optimism is the word of the day. But thankful for Sarah and her willingness to come forward and offer to help a total stranger and give a kidney.
THANK YOU SARAH FROM THE BTOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS!
Now for the hard part, you will notice a bottom over there >>> that takes you to a link for our fund raising effort, We have to cover all the expenses the insurance won't, so would you consider praying about the possibility of giving a little to help us out with those expenses?
Some of the include:
- Sarah's travel to and from LA for her testing (airfare, lodging, food, cars, etc)
- Sarah travel and stay in LA for surgery
- Our travel (at least 4 trips) over three weeks prior to surgery for treatment required pre-surgery
- my one month minimum stay in LA after surgery
- family's travel to/from LA to visit post-surgery
Thank you all for your continued prayerful support of our family. I know it has been a loooooong five years.
Now- onward and upward :)