Happy New Year, everyone!
I hope this new year is going to be amazing for all of us, in ways we cannot imagine.
A quick update from here, in list form since my brain and body are still recovering from a rather rough week at hemodialysis ...
- The fistula I had grafter into my right upper arm last month is now being tested at hemo. It seems to be working ok so far, but will take about another month of ramping up before it's 100%.
- Right now, I have this amazing bruise around the fistula site, encompassing my entire upper arm. So, sleeveless shirts are out. (Well, it's been 10 and below here, so they are out anyway!)
- I have surgery on Monday, Jan 11th - should be out patient if all goes well.
- We go to OHSU for the final signoff for listing on January 20th.
- If all goes well on the 20th, we will start testing living donor candidates after that
I hope to update more about "normal" life around here soon. I just need to get back on my feet, as it were.
But, in the meantime, tell me how your holidays have been and anything exciting going on!