1. God is awesome. Yeah- big news, I know. But, every once in awhile, He needs to remind us.
2. Food is good. Now that I am hoping going "on the list" soon, I need to buckle down and get in shape. So, I'm enjoying the
3. Speaking of food, I learned that you don't eat the fire wings with chapped lips. Never.Not.A.Good.Idea.
4. Fire wings, however, are great for teaching dog not to beg.... moving on
5. My daughter is a master-Christmas-decorator-in-the-making. She took over all the decor plans for this year, and did an amazing job. Considering I was never allowed to touch the tree- past putting it together and getting the lights on until I was married and had my own tree -it's a step in breaking-the-cycle that our family truly needed. (note- I still had to get the tree up and the lights on. That may never end.)
8. I'm finally getting caught up on my favorite Blogs. I only have, hmmm, 300+ left to read. I feel soooo behind on everyone's lives right now.
9. I finally took the plunge and went over to the new Blogger. So far, so good. And, I can comment on those blogs that were in beta I couldn't beforehand. So, warning! Danger, Will Robinson! I'm coming, I'm commenting and I'm on my way to your blog!
10. Jonathan and Kati are both homeschooling now, so life got busy after my "retirement" from work the first of November. It's a hoot, and we are having fun. Yes, I do believe I used the words teenagers and fun in the same paragraph. Wow.
11. I'm attempting to make a "Paula Deen" Christmas this year. Everyone revolted and wanted ham- so no Prime Rib for me :( I have never cooked a ham, in my life). So, I dug up the Paula Deen website and figured- heck! Might as well make an entire dinner from scratch- not one recipe I have ever made before.
12. This may be the year the family kicks me to the curb. Referring to #11. I adamantly bought no "backup food". It's all in and all out. Should be fun. And may solidify the prime rib back to the menu next year- hehe.
13. I want to wish you all the very best, most wonderful and blessed Christmas ever this year. May the joy of this season surround each of you and yours throughout the coming year.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)